Enterprise Asset Management
Enterprise asset management (EAM) software is required by any business that relies on complex, expensive and mission-critical capital equipment. And as companies and their assets are bought and sold, business models change, technologies develop and advance, and economic megatrends arise, the demand for what these assets produce will change. The right EAM software to help you ensure asset availability, and manage and protect your overall investment in the long term should answer questions like:
- Does it support a provable lifecycle approach?
- Can external parties collaborate on plant design and engineering?
- Does it support mobile platforms?
- Does it make project management easier?
Asset Life-cycle Management (ALM)
Asset Life-cycle Management solution is unique in the fact that it includes comprehensive functionality to support the entire asset life-cycle, from cradle to grave. What kind of assets are we talking about?
- Land-based oil and gas drilling rigs
- Offshore drilling rigs
- Process manufacturing equipment and plants
- Power generation plants
- Defense assets including weapons systems, vehicles and facilities
- Power distribution assets
Enterprise asset management (EAM) software needs to be more than a glorified computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). It can be part of a complete enterprise suite or as a standalone EAM solution, and offers you the freedom to implement as much supporting functionality as you need to meet your asset management and other organizational requirements. Essentially you will get maintenance scheduling, work orders and other functionality necessary for reliability-centered maintenance. But you also can extend your EAM solution with human resources, purchasing, risk management, finance, document management and more.